Every summer, tens of thousands of 4-H youth participate in county fairs to showcase the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year. The Koochiching County 4-H youth members recently had their opportunity to showcase their projects at the Northern Minnesota District Fair in Littlefork.
General Education Exhibit Results
Among the 4-H’ers who exhibited projects at the Koochiching County 4-H Showcase this year, some were awarded Grand and Reserve Champion ribbons by our judges. These special awards are given to recognize a demonstration of excellence in a project area.
Congratulations to all of the following youth who impressed our judges and went on to earn this extra recognition:
- Crafts: Grand Champion, Alexx Kisley; Reserve Champion, Wyatt Kisley
- Fine Arts: Grand Champion, Dezzray Kisley; Reserve Champion, Alexx Kisley
- Foods: Grand Champion, Baylee Kisley; Reserve Champion, Ruby Olson
- Home Environment: Grand Champion, Alexx Kisley
- Engineering Design: Grand Champion, Mitchell Hell; Reserve Champion, Mitchell Hell
- Textiles: Reserve Champion, Baylee Kisley
- Woodworking: Grand Champion, Dezzray Kisley; Reserve Champion, Alexx Kisley
Youth who earn blue ribbons at the county level and have completed the sixth grade may earn a trip to the Minnesota State Fair. At the end of our shows, judges rank all the blue ribbon winners to create a list of those who qualified to exhibit at the Minnesota State Fair in August.
The following youth have registered to advance to the State Fair with one of their projects: Dezzray Kisley, Alexx Kisley and Baylee Kisley
The Cloverbud Award is given to youth who are in kindergarten through second grade. This award is earned by participating in a non-competitive project interview with a project judge.
The following youth earned the Cloverbud Award: Gavin Olson.
Horse Show Results
This year’s 4-H Horse Show took place on Friday, July 8. There were 13 riders registered in senior, junior and novice level classes. Throughout the show, the judge assigns a ribbon placing, and blue ribbon rankings translate into points.
Here are the youth who earned the highest point totals for the day:
- Performance – Sr. High Point: Cody Reller
- Performance – Jr High Point: Sylvia Valenzuela
- Performance – Novice High Point: Lyndi Richmond
- Games – Sr. High Point: Melita Rosenthal
- Games – Jr High Point: Mary Rosenthal
- Games – Novice High Point: Matthew Rosenthal
Also participating in the Horse Show were Madelyn Hell, Colter Reller, Andrew Rosenthaland Aaron Rosenthal.
Melita Rosenthal and Mary Rosenthal will be representing Koochiching County at the State Horse Show from September 15-18, 2022.