Alfalfa production spans several years, so it’s important to start with the most productive stands possible. With successful planting, you can avoid stand losses and maximize yield.
- How to select fields and mitigate nutrient deficiencies.
- Features of a proper seedbed.
- Optimal seeding dates, depth and rate.
- Protecting alfalfa with companion crops and the oat mulch system.
- Seeding rate and spraying recommendations.
- Application guidelines for common herbicides.
- Alfalfa management strategies to reduce autotoxicity.
- How much time to allow between termination of an old stand and reseeding.
- Research on autotoxicity treatments in Minnesota.
- What to look for in a field and variety.
- Planting guidance: Timing, preparation, depth, rate, equipment and more.
- Guidance on managing harvest, fertilizers, pests and more.
- Benefits of alfalfa-grass mixtures.
- What to look for in alfalfa and grass varieties.
- Recommended seeding rates and cutting height at harvest.