This class examines the creation of inclusive youth programs. Participants will explore cultural identities and examine how they affect interactions with youth. Culturally responsive practice creates a sense of belonging and empowerment in young people.
Who should attend
Direct service providers, volunteers, coordinators, supervisors, stakeholders, managers, directors and whole organizations who work with youth.
- Explore cultural identities and approaches to working with young people.
- Explore ideas for more inclusive youth programs.
- Walk away with a new perspective on groups or cultures that are different than your own.
- Get a better understanding of your own biases and how they influence your work with young people.
- Take part in experiential activities designed to help you understand the world through the lens of other cultures.
Available by contract
- $750 for 3 hours or less
- $1500 for 4-6 hours
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1999
"It helped to reinforce my understanding of dealing with cultural diversity and gave me new ways of looking at complex situations."
"You provided information that was directly relevant. I wish more staff from my program had been here."
"The presentation style was great! This has potential to change the world in a very positive way."