As the threat of aquatic invasive species (AIS) continues to grow across Minnesota, there is a need for an organized statewide network of trained volunteers eager to make a difference. In partnership with the Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center (MAISRC), we are filling that need with the AIS Detectors program.
This program provides high-quality training, developed and reviewed by AIS experts.
Participants will learn:
- Principles of basic aquatic ecology.
- AIS identification, impacts and biology.
- Minnesota rules and regulations.
- How to prevent the spread of AIS.
- How to report AIS siting.
Upon completing the training, participants are equipped to volunteer around the state and make a difference in the areas of citizen science, outreach and education, stewardship and support of AIS programs.