- Discover how to properly manage rations, feeding options and grazing practices.
- Discover trusted cattle estrus detection options.
- Learn about prevention and treatment practices to put to use on your cattle ranch.
- Improve your biosecurity and cow comfort practices to prevent disease on your farm.
Feeding, biosecurity and health
- Calving kit preparation for cow-calf producers
- Cattle vaccine basics
- Liver flukes and redwater disease in beef cattle
- Managing flies on cattle farms
- Preparing your cattle for severe winter weather
- Prevention and treatment of milk fever and subclinical hypocalcemia
- Stocking density for outdoor cow areas
- Achieving optimal feed intake with bunks
- Beef Cow Ration Balancer (Excel) - to edit, download to your own device.
- Efficiently feeding hay to cattle
- Feeding distillers' grains to beef cattle
- Feeding moldy grain to cattle
- Managing sulfur in beef cattle feed and water
- Measuring alfalfa forage quality
- The ruminant digestive system
Movement and Management in Minnesota's Beef Industry: Results of a survey of Minnesota cow-calf and feedlot producers (2020/2021), analyzed the beef industry in Minnesota to determine how beef cattle are raised, retained on farm sites, and moved within the system. The University of Minnesota collaborated with the Minnesota Beef Council to describe the MN beef industry in terms of movement and management decisions in order to direct future research and identify key issues specific to Minnesota's beef producers. There is also a summary of this report available.
Share this page: