Learn more about the importance of trees and forests and find ways to help with conservation.
What can you do?
In the forest resources project, you can:
- Explore different types of trees.
- Learn what forests need to grow and thrive.
- Help care for trees.
- Find ways to conserve forests.
- Explore how we benefit from trees and forests in our world.
These are just some of the many ways you can participate in this project.
Interested in getting involved as a forest resources project volunteer?
Resources for supporting youth in forest resources
- Environment and earth science curricula in the youth development curriculum library
- National 4-H natural resources and environmental education curricula
What does it mean to show at the fair?
For 4-H'ers, local and state showcase events (like the Minnesota State Fair) are not just fun events. They provide youth opportunities to exhibit the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year– and to continue their learning.
Contact your local 4-H office for forest resources project showcase opportunities near you.
Exhibit ideas and judging criteria
Get exhibit ideas and find out what the judge is looking for in the evaluation sheet.
Reviewed in 2023