The Smart Choice Health Insurance™ Basics workshop gives families the tools make the best health insurance decisions for themselves and their families.
By completing this workshop, participants will:
- Better understand basic health insurance terminology.
- Learn what to compare to understand cost and coverage in different health insurance policies.
- Explore how health insurance can help control regular and unexpected health care costs.
Train-the-trainer or direct education
We can partner with your organization in a “train-the-trainer” approach. We build your staff's knowledge and confidence to teach health insurance literacy skills. Or you can partner with us to offer this workshop directly to the people you serve.
To find out more about partnering with us on Smart Choice Health Insurance™ Basics, contact financial capability.
More information about Smart Choices
To bring the Smart Choice Health Insurance™ Basics workshop to Minnesota to Minnesota, we have partnered with:
- University of Maryland Extension
- University of Delaware Extension
For more information, read the 2013 Family Matters blog post Smart choices training comes to Minnesota.