4-H Communication & Demonstration Project
See this page in: English
What you'll do
Learn how to express yourself and communicate better. Nonverbal, verbal and written activities will stretch and strengthen your communications skills, whether you're talking to a friend, writing, or making a presentation to a group. Learn about communication careers, writing resumes, interviewing for a job, dealing with anxiety and much more.
Levels of learning
Fairs & exhibits
- Give an educational presentation, working exhibit or speech.
- Perform in Share The Fun.
- Make a poster to demonstrate the use of visual aids.
- Construct a puppet theater and puppets.
- Prepare an exhibit describing the steps in preparing a speech.
- Write a short story. (Or a novel!)
- Make an audio file of sound effects to use with a play.
- Prepare a poster about text messaging dos and don’ts.
- Write and exhibit a collection of poems.
Future study and careers
You could study communications, writing or drama to become a better public speaker.
Good communications skills across cultures is a 21st century skill - it is important in any career you choose. Professional communicators craft and deliver messages in art, business or politics.
Reviewed in 2018