Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In
See this page in: English
Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In is a 22-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical to perform 3-4 times daily during the Minnesota State Fair. Each year, State Arts-In youth perform at least 35 shows to more than 12,000 audience members in the 4-H Building on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
State Arts-In is about:
- Performing arts including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work.
- Leadership, goal-setting and teamwork.
Participants put on 3-4 shows each day. As they do, they continue to learn, serving in leadership roles and acting as representatives to 4-H Building visitors.
State Arts-In is for youth who would like to be a part of a 4-H theater and leadership program at the Minnesota State Fair. Arts-In is open to youth who have completed grades 9 through 1 year past high school.
Each participant must register for State Arts-In in 4HOnline. Here's how:
- Login to 4HOnline.
- Click on "Continue to Family".
- On the member list page, scroll to the bottom and under the event registration section, select the member to register and then select "State Arts-In 2019".
- Follow the prompts and instructions to complete registration.
- You can pay online or by check (instructions in 4HOnline).
- Each participant must also complete a leadership profile.
- First-year participants must have an adult complete a recommendation form for them, available at https://z.umn.edu/artsinrecommend.
Online registration is our preferred method of registration. If you are unable to register online, contact Sandy Rand at email@example.com.