4-H Health Project
See this page in: English
What you'll do
Feel good! Discover the benefits of being fit.
- Design your own personal fitness plan
- Explore hygiene and nutrition
- Learn first aid skills and assemble a first aid kit
- Interview medical professionals
Levels of learning
- Explore this question with a health professional: What is mental health? What is mental illness?
- What is public health? How can each of us support it?
- What is aging? What happens as people age? What are some benefits of aging?
Fairs & exhibits
- Write an article, a report, a poem, a play, a song, a local or county health services directory.
- Do a health “report card” for your county, tribe, city or school. What are they doing well to support people's health and fitness? What problems could they be solving to improve everyone's health? What will you do now that you have this report?
- Organize a peer support group, conference, a seminar, a workshop, or a chemical-free party for people with physical or mental health problems.
- Promote health through campaigns, activities, and events centered on specific health issues. For example: health day/week at school.
- Design a health log for people to use and promote it in your school or community.
- Create a video or musical production dealing with one or more health issues.
Future study and careers
A health professional is anyone who works with human fitness, health, nutrition, injury, disease and healing. This a wide range! Nutritionists, fitness instructors, athletic trainers, recreational therapists and many others help people to look after their health.
Reviewed in 2018