Welcome to Waseca County
Waseca County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
If you are interested in joining 4-H or recently enrolled, this is where you can find some basic information and guides to start your adventure with Waseca County 4-H!
Ways to participate
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Information and guides
- Connecting to 4-H In Waseca County
- 4-H Frequently Asked Questions
- 4-H Club Information Sheet
- Project Work Step-By-Step Guide
- 4-H Project Clover Sheet
If you have any questions, please reach out to the staff at the Waseca County Extension office. We would love to help!
For Cloverbud Records:
For Youth Records:
- 4-H Records Non-Livestock Financial Summary (PDF), 4-H Records Non-Livestock Financial Summary (Word)
- 4-H Records Livestock Financial Summary (PDF), 4-H Records Livestock Financial Summary (Word)
- 4-H Records Annual Reflection Report (PDF), 4-H Records Annual Reflection Report (Word)
These are due to the Extension Office by 4:30pm on Tuesday, September 14th.
If you are interested in judging some of the 4-H records, please see the following article: Record Judging Help Needed!
Fair registration and FairEntry
- Registration information letter
- Fair fee form
- Horse stalling fee
- FairEntry: Detailed instruction for families
- Fashion review judging information
- Premium Book
Blue Ribbon Auction
- Blue Ribbon Auction information
- Supporting 4-H through the Blue Ribbon Marker Livestock Auction flyer
- Example script for use with potential buyers
Read Volunteering at the Waseca County Fair for opportunities, role descriptions and to sign up.
- Registration form
- Club banner evaluation
- Club scrapbook score sheet
- Effective hints for club banners
- Hay bale decorating contest score card
- Club community pride evaluation
- Building set-up information for clubs
Static project forms
- Oversized exhibit approval form
- Fashion Review - Clothes You Buy form (bring with to judging)
- Fashion Review - Clothes You Make form (bring with to judging)
Livestock projects/interview forms
Amy Nelson, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
email@example.com or 507-835-0600
Mattea Dann, Waseca County Extension support staff
firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-835-0600
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Our local office is located at 300 North State Street, Waseca, MN 56093.
Waseca County 4-H is on Facebook
Check here for updates on 4-H events, pictures and more. Or, use this to share 4-H with others that may be interested in learning more about current 4-H happenings. “Like” us today!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Waseca County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Extension's Center for Community Vitality engages Minnesotans to strengthen the social, civic, economic and technological capacity of their communities. We help create vibrant communities and enhance skills and knowledge in economics, leadership and civic engagement, and tourism.
Check our community research page for reports on county and community-focused topics relating to local economics, retaining businesses, growing retail markets, developing tourism, and more.
Local programs can be offered in collaboration with local community organizations and government agencies. Current programs include: Minnesota Agricultural and Rural Leadership (MARL)
Contact an educator in your area for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.
Minnesota is a great place to explore, understand and conserve the natural landscape. Extension education, volunteer and community science programs encourage people to become stewards of Minnesota’s public and private lands.
Extension's Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) connect Greater Minnesota communities and University of Minnesota knowledge and resources to support local sustainability projects. Working in partnership, RSDP supports community-driven projects in four focus areas: agriculture and food systems, clean energy, natural resources and resilient communities. Projects are supported by boards made up of local community members and University faculty and staff. Learn more about RSDP’s recent work in your county and neighboring communities, and how to submit a project idea.
Join us at an event in your community.
Find opportunities to learn about the natural environment, how to care for your forest lands, and how you and your family can get out and explore nature around the state and in your own backyard.
Find information on community-focused news.
Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Learn more about community-driven sustainability projects happening across Minnesota.
Waseca County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.