Welcome to Meeker County
Meeker County partners with Extension to deliver even more practical education and research right in your county.
Please contact us for all of your 4-H, agriculture, or gardening related questions.
There are several ways to join or re-enroll.
- Join 4-H for the first time or re-enroll
- Enroll as an independent member
- Contact the Meeker County Extension Office at 320-693-5275 or email@example.com
- Stop by our office on the Meeker County Fairgrounds, 1230 N Armstrong Ave, Litchfield, MN 55355
Find a 4-H club in Meeker County
Volunteering with Meeker County 4-H
Meeker County 4-H January 1st Enrollment Incentive
Meeker County 4-H provides registration cost assistance to all 4-H families that enroll by the January 1 deadline. The Meeker County 4-H Federation wants to help make it possible for our 4-H members to attend the great educational events offered locally, regionally, statewide, and nationally. Some events include BLU, YELLO, the Minnesota State Fair, Morris Regional 4-H Camp, and more! Contact our office with questions or for more information.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
This section will contain all important Meeker County 4-H updates for the county fair.
The 2021 Meeker County Fair is scheduled for August 5-8 at the Meeker County Fairgrounds in Litchfield.
Due to Covid-19, we are unsure what fair or showcase opportunities will look like in 2021, but Meeker County 4-H is dedicated to providing opportunities for our youth to showcase their project learning! Continue to check back for updates.
- May 17: Registration opens and 2021 premium book is released
- July 1: Registration deadline
- August 4: Meeker County 4-H entry day (tentative)
- August 5-8: Meeker County Fair
4-H registration for the Meeker County Fair will open on Monday, May 17. The deadline to register your 4-H projects for 2021 is July 1.
The 2021 4-H Premium Book will be available on Monday, May 17.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News -Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own backyard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, tips for protecting and enjoying nature.
Meeker County yard and garden inquiries
Have a yard or garden related question? Use our inquiries form to contact us now!
Do you have additional questions relating to canning, freezing, and preserving?
Contact the AnswerLine at 1-800-854-1678, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m. or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and nutrition
Use the Real Life, Good Food website to find recipes, cooking tips and physical activity ideas for a healthier life.
Do you have additional questions?
Contact the AnswerLine for questions relating to:
- Safely cooking, canning, and freezing foods.
- Cleaning stains and mildew from homes and clothes.
- Dealing with floods and other household issues
1-800-854-1678 or email them at email@example.com
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Meeker County Extension
U of M Extension, Meeker County
Meeker County Fairgrounds
1230 N Armstrong Ave
Litchfield, MN 55355
Phone: (320) 693-5275
Fax: (320) 593-5289
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.