Welcome to Meeker County
Meeker County partners with Extension to deliver even more practical education and research right in your county.
Please contact us for all of your 4-H, agriculture, or gardening related questions.
There are several ways to join or re-enroll.
- Join 4-H for the first time or re-enroll
- Enroll as an independent member
- Contact the Meeker County Extension Office at 320-693-5275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by our office on the Meeker County Fairgrounds, 1230 N Armstrong Ave, Litchfield, MN 55355
Find a 4-H club in Meeker County
Volunteering with Meeker County 4-H
Meeker County 4-H January 1st Enrollment Incentive
Meeker County 4-H provides registration cost assistance to all 4-H families that enroll by the January 1 deadline. The Meeker County 4-H Federation wants to help make it possible for our 4-H members to attend the great educational events offered locally, regionally, statewide, and nationally. Some events include BLU, YELLO, the Minnesota State Fair, Morris Regional 4-H Camp, and more! Contact our office with questions or for more information.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
This section will contain all important Meeker County 4-H updates for the county fair.
The 2021 Meeker County Fair is scheduled for August 5-8 at the Meeker County Fairgrounds in Litchfield.
Due to Covid-19, we are unsure what fair or showcase opportunities will look like in 2021, but Meeker County 4-H is dedicated to providing opportunities for our youth to showcase their project learning! Continue to check back for updates.
- May 17: Registration opens and 2021 premium book is released
- July 1: Registration deadline
- August 4: Meeker County 4-H entry day (tentative)
- August 5-8: Meeker County Fair
4-H registration for the Meeker County Fair will open on Monday, May 17. The deadline to register your 4-H projects for 2021 is July 1.
The 2021 4-H Premium Book will be available on Monday, May 17.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News -Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
The Farm Family Recognition Program has existed for over 30 years and honors farm families from throughout Minnesota for their contributions to the agriculture industry and their local communities.
Each year, a family from McLeod County and another from Meeker County are recognized as the Farm Families of the Year.
We are currently seeking nomination for either McLeod or Meeker County, indicating the individuals, couples, or families whom you feel would be deserving of this honor.
Please nominate an individual or family, using the criteria below. Farm Families should:
- Be Minnesota food producers actively involved in agricultural production with one or more agricultural enterprises. Beyond the usual agricultural endeavors, please also include these production areas for consideration: potato, vegetable, fruits, berries, aquaculture, agroforestry, and renewable energy supplies.
- Have made significant short‐term progress and/or innovative contributions with their agricultural endeavors. For example, consider producers who are relatively new to this country, someone who has developed an innovative method for a particular environmental problem, adopted a rotational grazing system, added alternative or value‐added crops, etc.
All nominees should also:
- Have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing and supporting the fields of agriculture and production.
- Have some involvement in their communities and/or related organizations.
- Not have been previously recognized by the Farm Family Program.
Farm Family of the Year Nomination Forms
Please utilize the following nomination forms to nominate future farm families for the recognition. Send your completed nomination form to the county in which the nominee lives (either McLeod or Meeker County) by Friday, April 2, 2021.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own backyard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, tips for protecting and enjoying nature.
Meeker County yard and garden inquiries
Have a yard or garden related question? Use our inquiries form to contact us now!
Do you have additional questions relating to canning, freezing, and preserving?
Contact the AnswerLine at 1-800-854-1678, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m. or email them at email@example.com
Health and nutrition
Use the Real Life, Good Food website to find recipes, cooking tips and physical activity ideas for a healthier life.
Do you have additional questions?
Contact the AnswerLine for questions relating to:
- Safely cooking, canning, and freezing foods.
- Cleaning stains and mildew from homes and clothes.
- Dealing with floods and other household issues
1-800-854-1678 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Meeker County Extension
U of M Extension, Meeker County
Meeker County Fairgrounds
1230 N Armstrong Ave
Litchfield, MN 55355
Phone: (320) 693-5275
Fax: (320) 593-5289
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.