Welcome to Meeker County
Meeker County partners with Extension to deliver even more practical education and research right in your county.
Please contact us for all of your 4-H, agriculture, or gardening related questions.
There are several ways to join or re-enroll.
- Join 4-H for the first time or re-enroll
- Enroll as an independent member
- Contact the Meeker County Extension Office at 320-693-5275 or email@example.com
- Stop by our office on the Meeker County Fairgrounds, 1230 N Armstrong Ave, Litchfield, MN 55355
Find a 4-H club in Meeker County
Volunteering with Meeker County 4-H
Meeker County 4-H January 1st Enrollment Incentive
Meeker County 4-H provides registration cost assistance to all 4-H families that enroll by the January 1 deadline. The Meeker County 4-H Federation wants to help make it possible for our 4-H members to attend the great educational events offered locally, regionally, statewide, and nationally. Some events include BLU, YELLO, the Minnesota State Fair, Morris Regional 4-H Camp, and more! Contact our office with questions or for more information.
The 2022 Meeker County Fair is scheduled for August 4-7 at the Meeker County Fairgrounds in Litchfield.
May 16: Registration opens
July 1: Registration deadline
August 4-7: Meeker County Fair
4-H Registration in FairEntry will open on May 16. Remember to register your 4-H projects by July 1.
For help registering for the Meeker County Fair, check out these user guides.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News -Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
The Farm Family Recognition Program has existed for over 30 years and honors farm families from throughout Minnesota for their contributions to the agriculture industry and their local communities.
Each year, a family from Meeker County is recognized as the Farm Families of the Year.
We are currently seeking nominations for Meeker County, indicating the individuals, couples, or families whom you feel would be deserving of this honor.
Please nominate an individual or family, using the criteria below. Farm Families should:
- Be Minnesota food producers actively involved in agricultural production with one or more agricultural enterprises. Beyond the usual agricultural endeavors, please also include these production areas for consideration: potato, vegetable, fruits, berries, aquaculture, agroforestry, and renewable energy supplies.
- Have made significant short‐term progress and/or innovative contributions with their agricultural endeavors. For example, consider producers who are relatively new to this country, someone who has developed an innovative method for a particular environmental problem, adopted a rotational grazing system, added alternative or value‐added crops, etc.
All nominees should also:
- Have demonstrated a commitment to enhancing and supporting the fields of agriculture and production.
- Have some involvement in their communities and/or related organizations.
- Not have been previously recognized by the Farm Family Program.
Farm Family of the Year Nomination Form
Please utilize the following nomination form to nominate future farm families for recognition. Send your completed nomination form to the Meeker County Extension office by Friday, March 25, 2022.
Meeker County agriculture inquiries
Have an agriculture related question? Use our inquiries form to contact us now!
Farmland rent information
Corn plot results - McLeod County
Meeker County yard and garden inquiries
Have a yard or garden related question? Use our inquiries form to contact us now!
Do you have additional questions relating to canning, freezing, and preserving?
Contact the AnswerLine at 1-800-854-1678, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m. or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health that are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Use the Real Life, Good Food website to find recipes, cooking tips and physical activity ideas for a healthier life.
Do you have additional questions?
Contact the AnswerLine for questions relating to:
- Safely cooking, canning, and freezing foods.
- Cleaning stains and mildew from homes and clothes.
- Dealing with floods and other household issues
1-800-854-1678 or email them at email@example.com
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Extension's Center for Community Vitality engages Minnesotans to strengthen the social, civic, economic and technological capacity of their communities. We help create vibrant communities and enhance skills and knowledge in economics, leadership and civic engagement, and tourism.
Check our community research page for reports on county and community-focused topics relating to local economics, retaining businesses, growing retail markets, developing tourism, and more.
Local programs can be offered in collaboration with local community organizations and government agencies. Current programs include:
Contact an educator in your area for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.
Minnesota is a great place to explore, understand and conserve the natural landscape. Extension education, volunteer and community science programs encourage people to become stewards of Minnesota’s public and private lands.
Extension's Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) connect Greater Minnesota communities and University of Minnesota knowledge and resources to support local sustainability projects. Working in partnership, RSDP supports community-driven projects in four focus areas: agriculture and food systems, clean energy, natural resources and resilient communities. Projects are supported by boards made up of local community members and University faculty and staff. Learn more about RSDP’s recent work in Meeker County and neighboring communities, and how to submit a project idea.
Join us at an event in your community.
Find opportunities to learn about the natural environment, how to care for your forest lands, and how you and your family can get out and explore nature around the state and in your own backyard.
Find information on community-focused news.
Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Learn more about community-driven sustainability projects happening across Minnesota.
Meeker County Extension
U of M Extension, Meeker County
Meeker County Fairgrounds
1230 N Armstrong Ave
Litchfield, MN 55355
Phone: (320) 693-5275
Fax: (320) 593-5289
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.