Two for You video series
See this page in: English
University of Minnesota Extension Center for Community Vitality educators Lori Rothstein and Denise Stromme share positive psychology research to help you live and lead with intention.
Two for You is a series of two-minute videos. Watch the full series on YouTube.
- Do you celebrate your small accomplishments? Watch and learn about how our brains are wired to respond to rewards and the benefits of celebrating the small stuff.
- Can smiling help you through a difficult situation? Learn about the science of how grinning and bearing it can reduce stress.
- How do positive emotions help you? Listen and learn how experiencing positive emotions helps with your creativity and resilience both now and in the future.
- What can you do to savor your positive experiences? Learn how recalling positive events and help you live and lead with intention.
- Do you ever wonder what is your life’s purpose? Learn about a model to help you uncover your purpose and find more meaning in life.
- What role does your brain have in reaffirming your beliefs? Learn about the Velcro Teflon Effect and challenging how you react to information.
- Do you say "it is what it is," especially when in a challenging situation? Learn how saying "it is as I am" instead can help you live and lead with intention.
- Do you question your talents or intelligence fearing that you don't measure up? Learn more about growth and fixed mindsets and which one aids resilience.
- What makes you flourish? Watch our video on the PERMA model of well-being. Learn how to reach a life of fulfillment, happiness and meaning.
- How do you stay connected with others who live or work away from you? Learn how a Virtual Coffee can help form better and deeper relationships.
Reviewed in 2017