4-H Dog Project
See this page in: English
How is a German Shepherd different from a Schnauzer? Should my dog sleep in a crate? What should I feed my dog? Learn how to train the ideal pet, or for competition!
What you'll learn and do
- How to care for and train a dog
- Leadership, sportsmanship and teamwork
- Careers that involve working with dogs
- Compete in a 4-H dog show
- Health and nutrition
- Responsible breeding
- Service dogs and therapy dogs
- Careers working with dogs
You can choose to compete with your dog in agility, obedience, rally or showmanship. Start at your county fair and if you do well you could make it to the Minnesota 4-H State Dog Show, held every September at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in St. Paul.
Already in the 4-H Dog Project?Go to the project support site
Reviewed in 2018