See this page in: English
Each year the University of Minnesota Extension Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) support community-driven projects in our four focus areas. These projects foster innovation, deepen understanding and build relationships that empower Greater Minnesota communities to advance their future sustainability.
We support approximately 125-150 projects around the state in any given year. All of our projects connect community partners and ideas to University of Minnesota resources. In many cases, we link projects to students and faculty who can work with partners to shape and carry out their project vision. We work in partnership with communities, bringing together diverse teams who collaborate through the life of a project.
Community projects are reviewed and approved by our five regional boards. We also conduct food systems and clean energy work on a statewide basis. Learn more about how we work.
By the numbers 2019
As seen in the infographic to the right, in Minnesota in 2019 RSDP:
- Supported 135 community-driven projects,
- Worked with 278 community partners and 126 university partners,
- Supported projects in 88 cities, towns and Native nations,
- Engaged 51 University of Minnesota students in working with communities,
- Had 5651 volunteer hours contributed by community board and work group members across Greater Minnesota!
Our 2019 storymap will be available soon. In the meantime, explore an interactive map of our 2018 projects below.
Visit our storymap to explore projectsExplore our projects
Reviewed in 2018