Welcome to Ramsey County
Ramsey County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online and in-person learning experiences for youth from kindergarten through high school. In 4-H, caring adults support youth learning and leadership. Youth may explore a wide range of interest areas, from agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures.
- Join a Ramsey County 4-H club. The Ramsey County 4-H office has program staff who coordinate the clubs. Clubs meet on average of once per month. In the days of COVID-19, many clubs meet online.
- 4-H at home connects you to live online events and subject areas in which youth can participate from home.
- For more general participation information see our Minnesota 4-H Ways to Participate webpage.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Master Gardener volunteers educate the public about horticulture using current research-based resources. This educational effort is designed to enhance quality of life and promote good stewardship of the environment.
Master Gardener volunteers complete many hours of volunteer work each year, providing a valuable in-kind contribution to Minnesota.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Ramsey County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Jacqueline Billhymer, EFNEP Regional Coordinator
Yoha Christianson, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Hibaq Dualeh, SNAP-Ed Educator
Alma Galvez Hernandez, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Deon Haider, SNAP-Ed Educator
Karen Kulus, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Christine Navarro, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Jennifer Ogren, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Janice Rasmussen, SNAP-Ed Regional Coordinator
Pae Say, SNAP-Ed Educator
Michael Stratten, SNAP-Ed Educator
Shirley Vang , SNAP-Ed Educator, Hmong
Lisa Wong, SNAP-Ed Regional Coordinator
Tou Yang, EFNEP Community Nutrition Educator
Ramsey County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.