Retail trade analysis
See this page in: English
Strengthen your community's retail sales market
What is retail trade analysis?
A retail trade analysis helps strengthen your local marketplace by:
- Providing accurate local sales data
- Helping your community plan for business expansion or recruitment
- Comparing your community sales data to others
- Assessing the strengths and opportunities of your local businesses
How can communities use retail trade analysis?
Your community will receive an individualized report from Extension that will help you:
- Understand your community’s actual retail sales potential
- Learn which retailers attract shoppers to — and away from — your town
- Explore your community’s retail opportunities
- Know your town’s pull factor — what it means, and why it matters
View our published retail trade analysis reports to learn more about the work we've done in Minnesota communities.
How to get started
Contact your community economics Extension educator. He or she will help you decide which approach to use to analyze your community's trade area.