Welcome to Wabasha County
Wabasha County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
4-H is not just learning by doing. It's learning by doing it, sharing it, understanding it, relating it, and using it. Record keeping encourages you to reflect on your experience so you can share it with others and learn. Fill out the record books below that relate to your project. Remember to include the participation record sheet as part of your record book.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
The activities of the Master Gardener volunteers benefit schools, community gardens, youth programs, environmental education programs and farmers markets. Master Gardeners make communities more sustainable, beautiful, knowledgeable, and fun.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Wabasha County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Wabasha County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.