Welcome to Lincoln County
Lincoln County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
- 2022 Lincoln County Premium Book
- 2022 Animal ID Letter- All Species
- 2022 Market Beef ID Letter
- Lincoln County 4-H Family Handbook (2021-22)
- Project Resource Library
Club Leader/Officer Resources
- Leader Resource Guide
- President Script
- Secretary Book
- 4-H Meeting Minutes Worksheet
- Treasurer Training Workbook
- Committee Planning Worksheet
- 4-H Income Generation Application
- 4-H Fundraising Transaction Form
- 4-H Income Generation Follow-Up Report
Demonstrations / Project Talk Resources
Livestock Project Resources
- Beef Project - Help Sheet
- Dairy Project - Help Sheet
- Goat Project - Help Sheet
- Horse Project - Help Sheet
- Llama-Alpaca Project - Help Sheet
- Poultry Project Help Sheet
- Rabbit Project - Help Sheet
- Sheep Project - Help Sheet
- Swine Project - Help Sheet
County Fair Resources
- Lincoln County FairEntry
- 2022 Lincoln County 4-H Premium Book
- FairEntry Detailed User Guide
- Ribbon Auction Instructions for 4-H'ers
- Lincoln County Fair Association Website
- Key Award Application
- 4-H Alumni Award
- 4-H Citizenship Award
- 4-H Member Achievement Award
- Kris Kitchen Award
- Geurts Safety Award
- Go-Getter Award
- Honorary 4-H Member Award
- Friend of 4-H Award
New Family Newsletters
New Family Guides
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Farm Information Line
Contact the Farm Information Line for reliable, research-based answers from Extension agriculture and natural resources experts. This is a statewide service backed by a network of local educators, so you'll get information to meet your needs.
Hours: We answer voicemail and email requests Monday through Thursday afternoons. Leave a detailed voicemail or email us with your question for a timely response.
After hours and weekends: Leave a detailed voicemail or email with your question and we'll answer you on the next scheduled Farm Information Line working day.
Anytime: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Lincoln county. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Extension's Center for Community Vitality engages Minnesotans to strengthen the social, civic, economic and technological capacity of their communities. We help create vibrant communities and enhance skills and knowledge in economics, leadership and civic engagement, and tourism.
Check our community research page for reports on county and community-focused topics relating to local economics, retaining businesses, growing retail markets, developing tourism, and more.
Local programs can be offered in collaboration with local community organizations and government agencies. Current programs include: Minnesota Agricultural and Rural Leadership (MARL)
Contact an educator in your area for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.
Minnesota is a great place to explore, understand and conserve the natural landscape. Extension education, volunteer and community science programs encourage people to become stewards of Minnesota’s public and private lands.
Extension's Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) connect Greater Minnesota communities and University of Minnesota knowledge and resources to support local sustainability projects. Working in partnership, RSDP supports community-driven projects in four focus areas: agriculture and food systems, clean energy, natural resources and resilient communities. Projects are supported by boards made up of local community members and University faculty and staff. Learn more about RSDP’s recent work in your county and neighboring communities, and how to submit a project idea.
Join us at an event in your community.
Find opportunities to learn about the natural environment, how to care for your forest lands, and how you and your family can get out and explore nature around the state and in your own backyard.
Find information on community-focused news.
Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Learn more about community-driven sustainability projects happening across Minnesota.
Lincoln County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.