Welcome to Beltrami County
Beltrami County partners with Extension to deliver even more practical education and research right in your county.
There is something for everyone in 4-H!
Please explore our website to learn a little more about our program or call our office and speak with the 4-H Youth Development Extension educator to find out how 4-H can benefit you!
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News -Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
The Beltrami County Master Gardener program strives to educate the community about horticulture skills, plant biodiversity, and pollinators among other relevant topics involving lawn and garden care through local events and classes.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own backyard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, tips for protecting and enjoying nature.
Beltrami County Master Gardener Hotline
Available April through October
Call and leave a message, and a Master Gardener will call back to assist you!
Beltrami County Master Gardener Email
Send your questions, and a Master Gardener will assist you!
Minnesota Master Gardener Hotline
Health and nutrition
Beltrami County offers health and nutrition classes through local schools, after school programming, and individual virtual learning opportunities. Please explore our site to learn more about the various program offerings and contact us for more information.
Use the Real Life, Good Food website to find recipes, cooking tips and physical activity ideas for a healthier life.
The USDA SNAP-Ed connection website offers a wide variety of information from activity ideas, updates on programming efforts, and tools to make any health and nutrition program successful!
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) is the educational component of the United States Department of Agriculture’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), a program that offers nutrition assistance to eligible, low-income individuals and families.
To host a SNAP-Ed class or to find out more information, please contact SNAP-Ed Educator Sandra Gehrke.
Beltrami County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.