Volunteer with 4-H
See this page in: English
Ways to volunteer
- One-time volunteering, such as helping out at a 4-H event
- Leading the youngest 4-H'ers -- Cloverbuds in grades K-2
- Chaperoning a trip
- Teaching a topic you know a lot about - once or regularly
- Leading a 4-H club
To find out about volunteer needs in your area, contact your local 4-H office.
Who can volunteer with 4-H?
Anyone over 18 who cares about young people. You don't need to be a parent or an expert. You will need to complete a background check and have some basic training.
Benefits of volunteering
- You can share your knowledge with the next generation
- Build your own skills as you help young people build theirs
- You will receive regular training and support
- Grow your network in your community and the University of Minnesota
- Feel pride in making a big impact in the lives of young people and adults in your community
- Make a difference!
Why volunteer with 4-H?
4-H is unique
- Youth learn how to solve problems, make decisions and communicate ideas
- We are the largest youth organization in Minnesota
- Our methods are backed by university research
- All learning is project-based -- 4-H'ers learn by doing
- Our volunteers receive ongoing training and support