Youth Work Matters
Exploring the research behind positive youth development can be critical to how we understand and work with youth. In this class you will learn skills and create resources to help you work with young people. The content of the course comes from both research and real youth work experience including:
Positive youth development
Basic youth needs
High quality programming
Youth worker expertise
Who should attend
Direct service providers, part-time staff and volunteers who work with youth.
Participants can expect to
- Explore the field of youth development.
- Discuss research and theories.
- Come up with ideas on how to apply the course content to working with youth.
- Develop relationships with other youth workers.
- Participate in interactive and experiential sessions, small group discussions and debate.
- Understand the research behind positive youth development.
- Understand the philosophy and best practices of positive youth development.
- Reflect on your own work with young people.
- Know how to incorporate positive youth development into your program.
- Learn how positive youth development changes the way we work with young people.
Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $125/hour for teaching + 1 hour set-up/take down per session
- 15% income for administrative costs
- Cost of participant supplies in excess of typical training expenses (i.e., large quantities of printed materials)
- Round to the nearest $25, for example:
- 3-hour training - $575 + supplies
- 6-hour training - $1000 + supplies
"It has absolutely challenged me to expand my thinking and practice of youth engagement. Thank you!"
"The "Rings of Engagement" model helped me understand how to think about youth engagement."
"It has provided me with another framework through which to view my work."