See this page in: English
This course is based on the Rings of Engagement, which shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs.
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities.
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs.
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners.
Who should attend
Managers, direct service providers, part-time staff and volunteers who work with youth.
- Review and discuss case studies from programs with high youth engagement models and strategies.
- Reflect on critical readings.
- Discuss why youth take part (or don't take part) in programs, and how the youth engagement program models and strategies work in programs.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Make engagement plans for working with young people.
- Understand that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
- Network with colleagues.
Available by contract
- $750 for a half-day workshop (4 hours or less)
- $1500 for a full-day workshop (5 hours or more)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1999
"It has absolutely challenged me to expand my thinking and practice of youth engagement. Thank you!"
"The "Rings of Engagement" model helped me understand how to think about youth engagement."
"It has provided me with another framework through which to view my work."