Youth Engagement Matters
This course is based on the Rings of Engagement, which shows the range of youth engagement and youth-adult partnerships. It teaches four ways to engage youth:
- Participation in programs.
- Fostering individual passion through experiences and activities.
- Creating space and place for youth voice in programs.
- Collective action to make change with youth and adults as partners.
Who should attend
Direct service providers, part-time staff and volunteers who work with youth.
Participants can expect to
- Review and discuss case studies from programs with high youth engagement models and strategies.
- Reflect on critical readings.
- Discuss why youth take part (or don't take part) in programs, and how the youth engagement program models and strategies work in programs.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Rings of Engagement structure.
- Make engagement plans for working with young people.
- Understand that "youth engagement is a lifestyle, not a method."
- Network with colleagues
Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $125/hour for teaching + 1 hour set-up/take down per session
- 15% income for administrative costs
- Cost of participant supplies in excess of typical training expenses (i.e., large quantities of printed materials)
- Round to the nearest $25, for example:
- 3-hour training - $575 + supplies
- 6-hour training - $1000 + supplies
"It has absolutely challenged me to expand my thinking and practice of youth engagement. Thank you!"
"The "Rings of Engagement" model helped me understand how to think about youth engagement."
"It has provided me with another framework through which to view my work."