4-H Communication and Demonstration Project
What you'll do
Learn how to express yourself and communicate better. Nonverbal, verbal and written activities will stretch and strengthen your communications skills, whether you're talking to a friend, writing, or making a presentation to a group. Learn about communication careers, writing resumes, interviewing for a job, dealing with anxiety and much more.
Levels of learning
Fairs and exhibits
- Give an educational presentation, working exhibit or speech.
- Perform in Share The Fun.
- Make a poster to demonstrate the use of visual aids.
- Construct a puppet theater and puppets.
- Prepare an exhibit describing the steps in preparing a speech.
- Write a short story. (Or a novel!)
- Make an audio file of sound effects to use with a play.
- Prepare a poster about text messaging dos and don’ts.
- Write and exhibit a collection of poems.
Future study and careers
You could study communications, writing or drama to become a better public speaker.
Good communications skills across cultures is a 21st century skill - important for any career you choose. Professional communicators craft and deliver messages in art, business or politics.
Reviewed in 2018