Animal ID deadline
February 15, 2023 - market beef (beef steers, market heifers and dairy steers)
May 15, 2023 - breeding beef, dairy, dairy goat, dog, horse, llama-alpaca, meat goat, poultry, rabbit, sheep and swine.
Note: Cloverbuds may show their own animal or another 4-H’ers identified animal. The Minnesota Board of Animal Health requires all animals at exhibitions to have official ID (tag or tattoo) this includes Cloverbuds. Cloverbud ID information does not need to be included in 4HOnline.
- Carver County Animal ID Letter for breeding beef, dairy, goat, horse, dog, llama/ alpaca, poultry, rabbit, sheep and swine.
- Request ear tags for 2023 from the Carver County 4-H Office. The office can mail them or you can arrange pick up date. The tags must be from last year (blue 4-H tags) or this year (purple 4-H tags)
- 2023 Minnesota 4-H Animal Science identification requirements
- 2023 MN 4-H AnSci Updates
- Tip sheet for ID'ing animals in 4HOnline
4-H animal ID home page - ownership requirements, show requirements and ear tag info for all species.
Competitive Events: Deadlines, Consequences and Exemptions Policy 2023