From pollination to bedbugs to life cycles - Who knew entomologists did so many things?
4-H Entomology Project
What you'll do
Entomology is the study of insects. There are WAY more insects on earth than there are people. Butterflies, dragonflies, bees, cockroaches, bed bugs and flies are just a few. Insects play a big part in our earth's ecosystem and food supply.
You can study one species, pollinators, threats to insect survival, diseases transmitted by insects or even how insects can be used to solve crimes!
Levels of learning
Find out how insects help produce the food you eat.
Enter a research project in a science or technology fair.
Extending your learning
Are there insect issues in your town? Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper about it. What do you propose to do about this problem? What should people know?
Fairs & exhibits
- The life cycle of an insect
- Threats to an insect species
- How are insects important to the food supply?
- Make and care for an ant farm
- Identify insect body parts and their functions
- Insects in current events
- What makes a healthy insect habitat?
- Make a specimen box
Reviewed in 2018