Welcome to Scott County
Scott County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
Scott County Extension
The Scott County Extension Office is temporarily closed to walk-in traffic, but we are still happy to answer your questions. Please call or email and we'll get right back to you.
U of M Extension, Scott County
7151 - 190th Street West, Suite 100
Jordan, MN 55352-2104
Sarah Odendahl, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-492-5384
Colleen Carlson, Extension educator, Ag Production Systems
email@example.com or 952-492-5386 (office) or 507-521-3640 (cell)
Samantha Roth, Extension educator, Financial Capability
firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-492-5383
Kristy Mock, Master Gardener program coordinator
email@example.com or 952-492-5390
Michelle Hesse, administrative specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-492-5379
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Check out our UMN Extension Family News to stay current with information, resources, and programming. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter @UMNExtFD. To find additional online offerings from all program areas, visit the University of Minnesota Extension events and courses page.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Scott County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.