Welcome to Norman County
Norman County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
Attend a 4-H event near you.
Norman County Fair Dates
The dates for the 2021 Norman County Fair have been set. The fair will be Wednesday, June 23 through Saturday, June 26, 2021. The 4-H general exhibits (non-livestock) will be judged on Tuesday, June 22.
Find a 4-H event in Minnesota.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
We welcome any questions about agriculture or horticulture.
Fill out this form providing your contact information and description of your issue. Previous questions have ranged from rental rates, tree health, plant identification, and general gardening.
Your question will be sent to the Norman County Extension Office. We will contact you within a week.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health that are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Norman County Extension
Linda Houglum, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-784-5553
Heather Dufault, Norman and Polk Counties Extension Ag Educator
email@example.com or 218-784-5551 or 218-280-1129
Holly Sirjord, Norman County Office Support
firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-784-5550
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.