What you'll do
Learn how to keep your cat safe, healthy and active.
- Cat senses and behavior
- The meaning of cat sounds
- Training tricks
- Health, diseases and emergency situations
- Traveling with a cat
- Reproduction and genetics
Levels of learning
Fairs and exhibits
- Give a presentation on how to select a cat for a pet.
- Make a video about how much it costs to raise a cat.
- Give a speech about the origin and history of domesticated cats.
- How many cat breeds are there? Why? How do they differ from each other?
- What is a healthy diet for a cat? What else do they need to be healthy?
- Can cats be therapy animals?
- Do a service learning project with cats, such as at your local animal shelter. Give a speech about what you did and what your service achieved.
Future study and careers
Animal care workers groom or train pets. Veterinarians, vet technicians and vet assistants care for sick cats and other pets. They may also research animal diseases and health. Wildlife biologists and zoologists study animals and their ecosystems.
Reviewed in 2018