National 4-H Conference
The National 4-H Conference is a yearly opportunity for 4-H members across the US to meet and discuss issues that face youth and communities. At the National 4-H Conference, Minnesota participants will:
- Research societal issues affecting youth and communities
- Work with a team to design and deliver a presentation for a federal agency/department
- Visit with Minnesota’s members of congress
- Tour landmarks, monuments, and museums in Washington, DC
- Create and implement a community action project on an issue they care about
- Meet youth from across Minnesota, the US, US territories, and Canada
Important dates and information
- Application deadline: November 16, 2018
- Fee to participate: $1000
- Trip dates: April 5-11, 2019
- Eligibility: High school sophomores, juniors, or seniors who meet the required age limits
To be considered for a spot in the Minnesota delegation, youth applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years old by January 1, 2019, and no older than 19 years old by June 1, 2019
- Be at least a high school sophomore
- Be enrolled and active in Minnesota 4-H for a minimum of one year by January 1, 2019
- Not have represented Minnesota 4-H at the National 4-H Conference before
More conference details are available at the National 4-H Conference website.
Selection of Minnesota delegates
Apply online at https://z.umn.edu/n4hc-application by November 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Your two references must submit their references for you using this reference form: https://z.umn.edu/n4hc-reference by November 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Semi-finalists will be selected by November 26, and will be invited to interview on December 7.