Episode 08: Manufacturing in Minnesota
See this page in: English
How a worker shortage impacts manufacturers
We continue our exploration of Minnesota's economy and its workforce in this episode as we meet Bob Kill. Bob is the president and CEO of Enterprise Minnesota, a consulting organization that helps manufacturing companies become more efficient and grow.
Bob talks with us about the work that Enterprise Minnesota is doing, and shares results of their 2017 State of Manufacturing survey, where workforce issues tripled in importance to manufacturers across Minnesota.
"Manufacturing creates 13 percent of Minnesota's jobs and 16 percent of the payroll. For every manufacturing job, there is a service and support job."
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- Bob Kill, president and CEO
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Enterprise Minnesota offers many resources for manufacturers across Minnesota, as well as those interested in learning about this important industry.
- Read more about the 2017 State of Manufacturing survey in the September issue of Enterprise Minnesota magazine.
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.