Learn how to express yourself and communicate better. Nonverbal, verbal and written activities will stretch and strengthen your communication skills.
What can you do?
In the public presentations project, you can:
- Give a presentation or demonstration on a topic of interest.
- Develop your nonverbal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Learn about communication careers.
- Practice dealing with nerves and stage fright.
These are just some of the many ways you can participate in this project.
Ways to get involved
- Give a project talk at the county fair or state fair. Project talks are an opportunity for you to showcase your learning by talking about your exhibits in front of an audience. Contact your local 4-H office to learn more.
- Participate in 4-H Stock Talks by creating a short video presentation about a 4-H animal science project and topic of your choice.
- Be in Share the Fun or State Arts-In to gain confidence.
- Become a 4-H ambassador to grow your communication and leadership skills further.
Project opportunities near you
Get in touch with your local 4-H office to learn about public presentations project events and activities in your area.
What does it mean to show at the fair?
For 4-H'ers, local and state showcase events (like the Minnesota State Fair) are not just fun events. They provide youth opportunities to exhibit the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year– and to continue their learning.
Contact your local 4-H office for communication and demonstration project showcase opportunities near you.
Exhibit ideas and judging criteria
Get exhibit ideas and find out what the judge is looking for in the evaluation sheets:
Reviewed in 2023