Project Bowl is a long-standing program in Minnesota 4-H and is the second most attended event of the year. In Project Bowl, teams of 3-6 youth build skills working and thinking together while testing their knowledge in these 4-H areas: dairy, dog, general livestock, horse, llama/alpaca, poultry, and rabbit.
There are four regional bowls, which lead to the state competition. Each has two divisions: Junior (grades 3-8) and Senior (grades 4 through 4-H graduation). Regional winners advance to the 4-H State Project Bowl. Winners at the state level in dairy, general livestock, horse and poultry go on to national contests!
Get your friends together, recruit a coach, study hard, and most of all have fun during the project bowl season!
March 5- Foley
March 12- Hastings
March 19- Bemidji and Redwood Falls
March 26- Snow date
April 9- State bowl
Registration deadline must be postmarked by February 7, 2022.
The state 4-H bowl committee agrees it is important to increase bowl interest and participation, particularly for younger 4-H’ers, so we are offering a non-competitive “Bowling 101” category. This document will provide the only details for this activity.
- Redwood Falls
- Redwood Falls
4-H State Project Bowl: April 9, 2022
Winners in dairy, general livestock, horse and poultry will advance to the national contests. If your team qualifies for the State Project Bowl, you must sign up before you leave the Regional Project Bowl. If you do not sign up before you leave, you will forfeit your state trip.
The State Project Bowl registration form for Llama/Alpaca - due by March 21, 2022
April 9, Sauk Rapids - Rice High School
- Team registration: 8:30-9 a.m.
- Team orientation: 9 a.m.
- Bowls commence: 9:30 a.m.
Team confirmation letter - available after regional bowl
- Coaches of qualifying teams will receive confirmation letters when they sign up for the state contest.
T-Shirts and sweatshirts
- T-shirts and sweatshirts will be for sale at the State 4-H Project Bowl! The official design is still being drafted by Northwest Designs, but at previous State 4-H Project Bowls, 4-H members were able to have their names on the back of the shirts with a star by their name. Bring some extra money ... you may want to buy a shirt! The MN 4-H Project Bowl Program receives a portion of the sales.
Coach and volunteer information
Interested in coaching a 4-H Project Bowl team?
- 2022 Coaches Training: (Webinar recorded 1/4/22)
- The purpose of the training is to prepare coaches to work with a bowl team and build the bowl program by developing confident coaches. On the webinar, we gave an overview of the bowl program, shared ideas for practices and answered questions.
- How to get started and sample questions
- Ideas for Project Bowl practices
- 4-H Project Bowl Procedure of Play video (traditional bowl)
Tentative 2023 Dates
- March 4
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25 (snow date)
- April 15 - State