The 2023 SuperSession will take place on Saturday, May 20, at the Twin Cities Obedience Training Club.
This will be a fun-filled day for 4-H dog project members, with the opportunity to learn new things and make new friends in the 4-H dog project. Plan to bring several of your fellow club members and take notes to share the information at a meeting.
Presentations will include:
- Fine-tuning obedience skills.
- Rally skills and hints for success.
- The best of showmanship.
- Agility – handling skills, obstacle performance and more.
- Training topics – motivating your dog, obedience skills for the real world and learning theory.
- Careers with dogs.
- Grooming your dog.
- Therapy dog work.
- AKC Sampler – tricks, FIT dog and CGC.
- Trick title testing.
- Additional titling opportunities.
All youth in grades 3 and up, their families, trainers, youth and adult dog project leaders are welcome.
The 2023 participant information letter provides more details on this event.
The workshop will take place at:
Twin Cities Obedience Training Club
2101 Broadway Street Northeast
Minneapolis, MN 55413
All dogs must be accompanied by a current Minnesota 4-H Dog Project ID and Vaccination Verification. Bring a copy to the event. (You should carry a copy whenever you travel with your dog.)
- If you bring a dog, you must bring a crate or kennel and a leash.
- Participants must provide their own clean-up supplies (paper towels, baggies, etc.) for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Bring treats, crates, correct leashes, collars and water for dogs.