Episode 15: Making business succession planning successful
See this page in: English
Helping businesses prepare for the future
The idea of business succession planning can be worrisome for business owners and communities. Sharing resources and building supportive relationships can help calm fears and encourage success.
Cathy Enerson, community and business development specialist and economic development director for Community and Economic Development Associates (CEDA), joins us. We discuss how the community of Spring Valley, Minnesota worked together. They created a program that helps business owners prepare for the future.
"Every business that participated is still in business and running strong with different people in different roles. That is important for this community."
— Cathy Enerson
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- Cathy Enerson, community and business development specialist and economic development director
Community and Economic Development Associates (CEDA)
- Use the Communities page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Find out more about the work Community and Economic Development Associates does in communities.
- Learn more about what is happening in Spring Valley.
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.