Latino financial literacy program
See this page in: English
English | Español
The Latino financial literacy program team helps Latinos who are residing in Minnesota understand financial information and systems. We help Latinos make sound financial decisions at every stage of their lives.
How we work
Our experienced bilingual staff:
- Serves southern Minnesota and statewide as needed.
- Provides information through classes in English and Spanish.
- Offer sessions depending on the needs of our clients.
We are here to provide answers and help navigate:
- Renting or buying a first home.
- Sending a child to college.
- How to prevent fraud and scams.
- Getting student financial aid.
- Promoting healthy homes.
Dollar Works 2 training for Latino families — Using the Dollar Works 2 curriculum, we can help you organize and manage your finances.
RentWise training for Latino families — Whether you are a new or experienced renter, staff are here to help you rent your home wisely.
- See past issues of our newsletter: Latino financial literacy newsletter.
Antonio Alba Meraz, Extension Educator
Phone 507-389-6764 and (C) 507-380-1014
Gabriela Burk, Extension Financial Capability Educator
Phone 507-635-6325 and (C) 507-261-4277
Francisca Mendoza, Financial Capability Educator
Phone 320-484-4308 and (C) 320-241-7871
Jose Lamas, Financial Capability Educator
Phone 507-295-5316 and (C) 507-360-6251
Reviewed in 2020