Small grains harvest and storage
See this page in: English
Maximize crop quality and minimize losses with these strategies for harvesting, storing and drying small grains in Minnesota.
Drying and storage
- Understanding aeration.
- How temperature and moisture affects storability.
- Airflow and equipment.
- Managing aeration.
- Grain moisture.
- Grain protectants.
- Using aeration.
- Warming grain in spring.
- How to pick the best fans for crop drying, cooling or storage.
- Crop-specific airflow recommendations and expected static pressure.
- How to determine airflow delivered by existing fans.
Selecting fans for grain bins (web-based app for selecting grain bin fans by crop, bin size and desired airflow).
- Steps to take if your grain bin floods.
- Salvaging grain.
- Assessing bin damage.