Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In
See this page in: English
Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In is a 22-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical to perform 3-4 times daily during the Minnesota State Fair. Each year, State Arts-In youth perform at least 35 shows to more than 12,000 audience members in the 4-H Building on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
State Arts-In is about:
- Performing arts including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work.
- Leadership, goal-setting and teamwork.
Participants put on 3-4 shows each day. As they do, they continue to learn, serving in leadership roles and acting as representatives to 4-H Building visitors.
If you're in grade 9 through one year past high school and you like audio, lighting, acting, singing or choreography, you are invited to join!
If you're already enrolled in 4-H
Each participant in your 4HOnline family account will need to register. Here's how:
- Log in at https://mn.4honline.com/
- Click on "Continue to Family"
- On the member list page, scroll to the bottom and under the event registration section, select the member to register and then select "State Arts-In 2018".
- Follow the prompts and instructions to complete registration.
- You can pay online or by check - see instructions in 4HOnline.
Not enrolled yet?
- Each participant must complete a leadership profile at https://z.umn.edu/artsin2018.
- First-year participants must have an adult complete a recommendation form for them.
Online registration is our preferred method of registration. If you can't, contact Sandy Rand at firstname.lastname@example.org.