See this page in: English
New virtual opportunity for 2020!
Youth (grades 9-13) will gather in a series of online experiences and complete challenges on their own as they put together a show and learn about teamwork, leadership and goal setting.
What you can expect
- A blend of virtual large group and small group meetings, with challenges on your own to complete.
- A completed mini show and 4 majors:
- Costumers will personalize and create costumes for performers/band.
- Tech crew will learn production skills and work in groups to put together the show recording.
- Performers and band will work in groups and one-on-one with directors as part of creating our show.
- Team time, warm-ups, closing, open stage, celebration time, banquet and more.
- 13th year recognition.
Each participant must register for State Arts-In in 4HOnline. Here's how:
- Login to 4HOnline.
- Click on "Continue to Family".
- On the member list page, scroll to the bottom and under the event registration section, select the member to register and then select "State Arts-In 2020".
- Follow the prompts and instructions to complete registration.
- You can pay online or by check (instructions in 4HOnline).
- Each participant must also complete a leadership profile.
Online registration is our preferred method of registration. If you are unable to register online, contact Sandy Rand at email@example.com.
Registration includes an arts-in package mailed to you directly and a 2020 State Arts-In t-shirt.
Sunday, Aug. 16 at 4 p.m.: Kick-off Zoom call
Monday - Wednesday both weeks:
- 9-9:30 a.m.: Warm-ups
- 10-11 a.m.: MIM (Meet in Major)
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Challenges on your own
- 1-1:30 p.m.: Activity time
- 1:30-2 p.m.: MIM
- 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.: Challenges on your own
- 4-5 p.m.: MIM
- 5 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.: Challenges on your own
- 7:30 p.m.: MIM
- 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.: Events (open stage, celebration, adventure time, banquet and more)
- 9-9:30 p.m.: Closing
Thursday both weeks:
- 9-9:30 a.m.: Warm-ups
- 10-Noon: MIM
What is Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In?
Minnesota 4-H State Arts-In is a 22-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical to perform 3-4 times daily during the Minnesota State Fair. Each year, State Arts-In youth perform at least 35 shows to more than 12,000 audience members in the 4-H Building on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
State Arts-In is about:
- Performing arts including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work.
- Leadership, goal-setting and teamwork.
Participants put on 3-4 shows each day. As they do, they continue to learn, serving in leadership roles and acting as representatives to 4-H Building visitors.