See this page in: English
Most staff who choose a career in youth development enter the field because they have a passion and interest in supporting youth. They don't usually begin by hoping to supervise adults, manage budgets or conduct evaluations. This training explores youth work management, leadership. It provides internal professional development strategies targeted to youth work practice.
Who should attend
Managers/supervisors and volunteer coordinators who work with youth.
Participants can expect to
- Develop and assess their own supervision styles.
- Develop a peer network and a sense of intentionality about their work.
- Practice reflective learning techniques with other youth workers.
- Recognize research trends in youth work practice: professionalization, practice dilemmas, and core competencies.
What you’ll have when you walk away
- Practical tools to engage your staff and a new leadership approach to youth work.
- An understanding of 3 key concepts:
- Leadership can happen at all levels.
- Internal staff development can be a powerful tool.
- The field of youth work is professionalizing.
- An understanding of the important role youth work managers play within programs and the youth work field.
Available via contract using the following fee structure (available in 3- or 15-hour formats):
- $125/hour for teaching + 1 hour set-up/take-down per session
- 15% income for administrative costs
- Cost of participant supplies in excess of typical training expenses (i.e., large quantities of printed materials)
- Round to the nearest $25, for example:
- 3-hour training - $575 + supplies
"I am a new leader in the youth work field and definitely need practical experience in a learning environment to practice my skills. I also need support. I got both of those things from this workshop."
"Fantastic opportunity to reflect on the different facets of my work. Great experiences to give us very applicable technique and practices."
"It allowed me to build on my strength, think more logically about problem solving and how I can be a better leader."
"This training was fantastic and the resources provided were extremely relevant to my supervisory needs."
"I really enjoyed the group discussions because it reinforced the truth that there is not just one answer/solution."