Dilemmas in Youth Work
Youth workers address challenging situations in their daily work with young people. In this class, participants will dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life problems in their program.
Who should attend
Adults who work with and on behalf of young people.
Participants can expect to
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study.
- Get to know the most current research on youth worker expertise.
- Work together with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas that meet the needs of youth.
- Prepare to face challenging situations.
- Learn ways to respond to dilemmas in youth-centered ways.
Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $750 for a half-day workshop (4 hours or less)
- $1500 for a full-day workshop (5 hours or more)
Contact Kate Walker, email@example.com or 612-624-7988
"Loved all of it! Sure to change the way I think about youth and how I work to best meet their needs especially in tough situations."
"This was directly related to the work I do and it helped me to really look at the impact my decisions have."
"It was good practice for me to think about the complexities of dilemmas from many perspectives. Thank you!"
"This training allowed me to enhance my skills and learn new ways and strategies of dealing with real life youth dilemmas. Thank you very much!"