Culturally Responsive Youth Work Matters
This class examines the creation of inclusive youth programs. Participants will explore cultural identities and examine how they affect interactions with youth. Culturally responsive practice creates a sense of belonging and empowerment in young people.
Who should attend
Direct service providers, volunteers, coordinators, supervisors, stakeholders, managers, directors and whole organizations who work with youth.
Participants can expect to
- Explore cultural identities and approaches to working with young people.
- Explore ideas for more inclusive youth programs.
- Walk away with a new perspective on groups or cultures that are different than your own.
- Get a better understanding of your own biases and how they influence your work with young people.
- Take part in experiential activities designed to help you understand the world through the lens of other cultures.
"It helped to reinforce my understanding of dealing with cultural diversity and gave me new ways of looking at complex situations."
"You provided information that was directly relevant. I wish more staff from my program had been here."
"The presentation style was great! This has potential to change the world in a very positive way."