The Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors are excited to announce that the 2023 Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Opportunities (YELLO) conference will be held June 13 - 16 at Bemidji State University. YELLO is a 4-H leadership conference for youth in grades 7 and up that prepares youth to learn and lead in their communities. It is planned and facilitated by the state ambassadors.
What happens at YELLO?
This annual event aims to engage youth in building leadership skills, developing positive relationships with peers and adults, and planning how to take future action.
- Youth-led leadership learning: The state ambassadors select a leadership-related topic to focus on for the year. They engage with experts to gain a deeper understanding of the related research and then build age-appropriate lessons to deliver during the event.
- Service and education: Participants engage in hands-on service to learn about civic responsibility while also making positive contributions to the community. This year’s service focus is on food insecurity.
- Deep dives and workshops: Youth engage with the campus and/or community to learn deeply about special topics while gaining an understanding of potential future careers, academic programs or other opportunities for engagement in 4-H and beyond.
- Exploring Bemidji: Youth will get an opportunity to have some fun in the community! This can include seeing local attractions, attending arts and cultural events, or visiting other entertainment venues.
- Social events: Youth will be able to network with each other and other attendees in fun ways. In the past, this has included talent shows, game nights, dances, etc.
Registration for YELLO will open on April 1.
The cost to attend YELLO is $275, with an additional $50 fee for opting in to ride the bus. Youth will register in 4-H Online.