See this page in: English
Extension Regional Office, Rochester
863 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Communities where I work
Counties: Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Wabasha and Winona
- B.A., Biology, Assumption College, Worcester, MA
- M.S., Environmental Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Beth joined Extension in July 2016 and serves as the Leadership and Civic Engagement educator in Southeast, Minnesota. Prior to coming to Extension, Beth served as Executive Director of the Cannon River Watershed Partnership in Northfield, Minnesota. While there, she led organizational planning efforts and brought partners together from government, businesses, and communities to develop strategies to improve the watershed. She also organized a variety of events and learning opportunities to engage community members in water quality issues. Beth is a southeast Minnesota alumnus of an Extension Leadership and Civic Engagement program that supported civic engagement for water quality issues. She has also received training in the Art of Hosting.
Beth believes in helping people know their strengths and use them to do their best work. She also thrives on helping people tap into their desire to connect and work together. In her role as an Extension educator, Beth looks forward to opportunities to lead, teach, and learn with groups in order to create authentic civic engagement.
Affiliations, honors and community service
- Member: Minnesota Ag Water Quality Certification Advisory Committee (led by Minnesota Department of Agriculture) (2012-2015), Department of Natural Resources Water Trails Advisory Committee (2012-2015), Northfield Rotary Club (2012- 2016), WINGS (Women In Northfield Giving Support)
- Ganske, L., Watkins, J., Croteau-Kallestad, E., Ziols, H., Schmidt, A., Thompson, B., . . . Frost, J. (July 2007). Total Maximum Daily Load Evaluation of Turbidity Impairments in the Lower Cannon River. Paper presented by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, St. Paul, MN.
- Wills, A., Kallestad, B., Bistodeau, L., & Watkins, J. (June 2011). Cannon River Watershed Management Strategy 2011-2015. Retrieved from http://crwp.net/watershed-strategy/