Parents Forever™ Online Course for Parents
See this page in: English
Taking a Parents Forever course will help you learn valuable skills and tools. This will help to reduce the effects of the family transition on yourself and your children.
After completing a Parents Forever course, you will be able to:
- Describe the family transition journey and how each family member will be affected.
- Recognize the role of self-care, parent-child relationships, and co-parenting in child well-being.
- Identify internal and external resources and strategize how to leverage these resources to promote resilience for all involved.
$89; per Minnesota Statute 518.157, subd. 6, if a parent is determined by the court to be in forma pauperis (IFP), the parent is not required to pay the parent education program fee. If you do not have court-ordered IFP status but cannot afford to pay the full fee, you may qualify for a reduced fee. Get more information: Do you qualify for a reduced fee?
If the course has been required, get judge/attorney pre-approval
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Supreme Court. Even though most parents have had no difficulty getting the course accepted, we still recommend that you check that your judge/attorney will accept the online version of the course (before registering) if it has been required. (Your judge/attorney may be interested in Online course approved by Minnesota Supreme Court.)
You will register through the University of Minnesota online registration system. This system uses pop-ups.
Follow the instructions and provide the required information. This registration system will:
- Guide you to "create a new guest account" to use for the course. If you have a University of Minnesota x500 internet ID/password, you will skip this step.
- Collect basic information about you, needed by the course instructor.
- Collect your registration fee of $89. (Required as a credit card payment.)
- Give you the link to immediately access the online course.
After you register, you will gain immediate access to the course. You can access the online course anytime and complete it within the given time allotment.