4-H Global Connections Project
See this page in: English
What you'll do
Lessons on global citizenship are as close by as your local grocery store, library, highway or high school.
Talk with people about world issues and global situations. Explore language, family traditions, culture, global connectedness, genealogy and their concerns. Discover how you can make a difference in your community and your world.
Fairs and exhibits
- Explore your own culture. How is it different from other cultures?
- Make a display of coins, stamps or postcards from other countries. How are they used? What is the meaning of the images on them?
- Record an oral history interview with someone from another culture living in your community.
- Service learning: Teach English to non-native English speaking people. What did you learn from doing this?
- Research and report on a country and culture that interests you. How is it the same as your own culture? How is it different?
- Make a collection of foreign recipes and prepare them for others. Consider Hmong or Somali cuisine, or another that of another Minnesota group.
Reviewed in 2018