Minnesota 4-H state program report
See this page in: English
Together, we are growing true leaders in Minnesota
Since 1902, 4-H has served and engaged young people in every part of Minnesota. 4-H empowers them to be true leaders. Through learning and leadership experiences and with the support of caring adults, youth in 4-H build the skills they need for a lifetime.
In 2016-17, nearly 69,000 Minnesota youth and more than 11,000 adult volunteers engaged in 4-H experiences.
Your support made this success possible and ensures 4-H can grow more true leaders in Minnesota.
Because of your investment
Youth in 4-H make positive choices
- 4-H'ers are two times more likely to make healthy choices than their peers.
Youth in 4-H learn to communicate effectively
- 93% of youth are better and more confident communicators because of 4-H.
Youth in 4-H build connections with peers, adults and communities
- 96% of youth have built connections with mentors and industry leaders through 4-H.
Youth in 4-H contribute to our local and global community
- Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors each contribute 374 hours of service per year.
Caring adults empower youth to learn and lead
- Last year, 11,000 adults contributed more than 1 million hours