What you'll do
Build relationships, develop communication techniques and be more organized. In this project, find the leader within you and make a positive impact in your club, home, school or community.
Doing a project is only one way of being a leader in 4-H.
Levels of learning
Get started with 4-H'ers in your area
Find a club near you or contact your local 4-H office for more info.
Get started on your own
- National 4-H leadership activity books (for sale)
- Leadership Project Hot Sheet from Iowa 4-H (free download)
- Cloverbud Personal Development & Leadership activities from Utah 4-H (free download)
Fairs and exhibits
- Create a video of a 4-H project or club event that you led. Tell how your leadership made a difference, or made the project possible.
- Identify leaders in history and discuss why and how they made a difference.
- Tell how you worked in a team to solve a community problem.
- Tell about a service learning project you joined. What service did you perform? What did you learn? How did you lead?
What a judge is looking for (evaluation sheet)
Fair judging - what's that like? (video)
4-H record keeping
In some counties, record keeping is required for fairs.
Future study and careers
You could study leadership at the University of Minnesota.
Every field, industry, company and community needs leaders.
Reviewed in 2018