What you'll do
Keep yourself safe and help others stay safe, too. Learn about safety for water, fire, electricity and recreational vehicles (bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, etc.). Identify farm hazards and make them less dangerous. Make a first aid kit or a winter survival kit.
Levels of learning
Get started with 4-H'ers in your area
- Find a club near you or contact your local 4-H office for more info.
Get started on your own
- Check out the safety project guide
Fairs and exhibits
- Design a poster or make a video on farm safety
- Make a video on the pros and cons of antibacterial soap
- Give a demonstration on bicycle safety
- Demonstrate how to use protective gear for outdoor sports
- Create a skit about what to do in an emergency situation
What a judge is looking for (project evaluation sheet)
Guide to county fair judging
Find out about 4-H at the fair
Some counties require record keeping for fairs.