4-H Consumer Education Project
What you'll do
You need to manage money throughout your life. Good money managers have less stress in their lives and more choices. Improve your skills and become an informed consumer.
- Learn the difference between wants and needs
- Identify, set and evaluate goals
- Track expenses and income
- And more!
Levels of learning
Fairs & exhibits
- Create a booklet or poster comparing the costs and features of four models of the same consumer item.
- Give an example of a consumer complaint and how it was or might be settled.
- Create a game, teaching plan or activity for teaching a group of people to be smarter consumers. What was the result?
- Analyze a TV commercial, print or internet ad. Explain the ad's argument, audience, emotional appeal, how it is constructed, etc.
- Find three different sources of the same information. How do they differ? Why?
Reviewed in 2018