Apply for a reduced fee for the online course
Minnesota Statute 518.157, subd. 6 says that if a parent is determined by the court to be in forma pauperis (IFP), the parent is not required to pay the parent education program fee. This means you can take the Parents Forever online course for parents for free if you:
- Are involved in a case through the Minnesota court system.
- Have been given court-ordered IFP status.
The statute also says that a sliding fee scale must be offered for parent education programs. This reduced fee is for those who not have the court-ordered IFP status but cannot afford to pay the full fee.
Follow these each steps to apply for a reduced fee for the online course.
- Review the Do you qualify for a reduced fee? to make sure you qualify.
- Complete the application. Right click on the Application for registration fee reduction (PDF) link. Click "save this link as" and save the document to your desktop. Open the document from your desktop. Fill it out and save it.
- Gather the documentation that is needed as described in the application.
- Email the complete application and support documents to email@example.com or fax to 612-625-6285.
Applications will be processed 8 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will notify you about whether your application has been approved or denied in a timely manner (within 2–3 business days).
Upon approval for a reduced fee, you will be given information to immediately proceed with registration for the course.
We only process reduced fees for those involved in a case through the Minnesota court system. It is not available for the Parents Forever online course for North Dakota parents.
Reduced fees are available for Minnesota in-person courses, but they are not handled through this process. For an in-person course, follow the instructions described on the related course page linked off of Parents Forever In-Person Courses.